081026, Monday
Weight: 233.0
BP and Pulse: 116/74, 74
GMI: 7.2, Glucose level Three day Average: 164
Finger Prick:
Reported Sleep: 4:19
Yesterday's Steps: 2,206 (Sunday)
Journal Entry:
Gratitude. There is much to learn about gratitude. It is very important.
Come Follow Me:
Job 1: 21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
22 In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
"…[T]he choice is ours. We can choose to limit our gratitude, based on the blessings we feel we lack. Or…We can choose to be like Job, who seemed to have everything but then lost it all. Yet Job responded by saying, “Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return…: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”
…We can choose to be grateful, no matter what.
This type of gratitude transcends whatever is happening around us. It surpasses disappointment, discouragement, and despair. It blooms just as beautifully in the icy landscape of winter as it does in the pleasant warmth of summer.
When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Apostle, April 2014, Grateful in any Circumstances


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home