Saturday, September 5, 2026

090526, Saturday

Weight: 231.7

BP and Pulse: 117/77, 67

GMI: 6.9, Glucose level Three day Average: 154 (143) Daily Average)

CGM: 152 (0435)

Reported Sleep: 6:11

Yesterday's Steps: 4,335

Journal Entry:

I made an unfortunate decision yesterday.

This is Labor Day weekend and yesterday being Friday should have been known to me as a bad traffic day and I did know it. 

Cathy wanted to go to Fashion Place Mall to see if she could find some shoes that would be suitable F for our upcoming vacation. It was fairly early in the day so I thought we had plenty of time to go and get back before the holiday rush hour kicked in. But it was near two PM when we were done.

And that's when I made the wrong decision. I thought it would be easier and more pleasant traffic-wise to drive up Parleys Canyon through Park City and Heber instead of getting on southbound I-15 but I was wrong... Big time wrong. 

As we approached Park City and the turnoff from I-80 to US 40 toward Heber, traffic came to a complete halt. There is only one lane that can make that turn and it was jammed for more than a mile leading up to the interchange. Seriously the traffic was moving, if at all, at less than five miles per hour. So I made the brilliant decision to just continue eat on I-80 to the next southbound offramp that leads to Kamas. 

No problem. Good traffic flow then when we got to Kamas Cathy suggested an ice cream stop at the Ballerina Farms Farm Store in Kamas. After a very nice dish of ice cream we began heading toward Heber and what I thought would be a pretty easy drive down Provo Canyon to our home in Lindon.

Not So! The highway, US 189, was at a standstill from the moment we left Heber. We couldn't even make it to the cutoff that goes over to Midway. It appeared to me that our  "drive" home would be a creak that might last a couple of hours or more... Seriously. We were stopped in absolutely jammed traffic.

So going back to Parleys canyon, I knew, was impossible so I made a uturn and drove back into Heber. From there I drove west on Center Street to Midway then south to the Cascade Springs highway. That road winds almost endlessly to a junction with state highway 92, Timpanogos Highway, that runs from Provo Canyon to American Fork Canyon. This is called the Alpine Loop and it winds through beautiful mountain scenery as a very narrow 20 mph road.

That worked. There were more cars than usual on that route but it was, at least, moving. So I took the route toward American Fork Canyon and we were finally able to get home just before 8 pm.

I think that had we just chanced driving south on I-15 from Fashion Place we would have done better but it I'm not sure. Anyway, we made it.

Come Follow Me:

Psalm 144: 15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.

"Do you want to be happy? Stay on the covenant path. Your life will be easier, happier, and filled with joy. Our Savior is inviting us, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” He is the living Christ. He carries our burdens and makes our life easier."

Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of The Seventy, October 2023


"Our family has six children, who sometimes tease one another that they are the favourite child. Each has different reasons for being preferred. Our love for each of our children is pure and fulfilling and complete. We could not love any one of them any more than another—with each child’s birth came the most beautiful expansion of our love. I most relate to my Heavenly Father’s love for me through the love that I feel for my children."

Elder Karl D. Thirst of The Seventy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home