Saturday, October 3, 2026

10/03/2026, Saturday

Weight: 

BP and Pulse: 

GMI: 7.0, Glucose level Three day Average: 151

Reported Sleep: 

Yesterday's Steps: 3,402

Journal Entry:

We are in Alexandria, Va. This morning... Day five counting our arrival last Tuesday. And we will be moving to Williamsburg, Va, today. I've actually mostly enjoyed our time in Alexandria. I don't want to get into any negatives. Alexandria is a very attractive city just downstream from Washington, DC. And it's also very crowded. Mostly old but well-maintained buildings and lots of condos and apartment buildings. Adam came to see us and we had a very pleasant visit, walk and lunch yesterday (Friday).

He seems to be doing very well. Once again, Myisha didn't come. She seems to still have bad feelings toward us and doesn't seem interested in settleing anything. Too bad but hopefully that will be solved eventually.

On Wednesday we drove over to Annapolis with the intent of walking around and seeing some of the historic sites over there but it was so crowded that it didn't seem attractive and we didn't stay. We drove on over to a little town on the Eastern Shore of Maryland called St. Michael's. It was really attractive and we found a nice restaurant right on the water that served gluten-free crab cakes that were very tasty. After walking around this very attractive and historic little city we drove back to Alexandria.

Cathy took some photos but I had left my phone home in Utah. Hopefully Cathy will send me some log her photos and I'll slip one or two in here.

Come Follow Me:

Isaiah 48: 10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

"It is challenging but vital to remain firm and steadfast when we find ourselves being refined “in the furnace of affliction,” something that comes soon or late to all of us in mortality. Without God, these dark experiences tend to despondency, despair, and even bitterness. With God, comfort replaces pain, peace replaces turmoil, and hope replaces sorrow. Remaining firm in the faith of Christ will bring His sustaining grace and support. He will convert trial into blessing and, in Isaiah’s words, “give … beauty for ashes.”

Elder D. Todd Christofferson, Apostle 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home